If you’re looking for a fun-filled getaway, look no further than Kemah, Texas! This charming town is home to some of the best attractions in the Lone Star State. From amusement parks to waterfront restaurants, there’s something for everyone in Kemah. Here are 10 of the best things to do in this vibrant coastal community.
1. Visit Kemah Boardwalk: This popular boardwalk is packed with family-friendly attractions, including the carousel, roller coasters, and Ferris wheel. Be sure to stop by one of the many restaurants for a delicious bite to eat!
2. Shop in Downtown Kemah: Stroll through the streets of the historic downtown district and shop for unique souvenirs, artworks, and more. Be sure to check out the unique boutiques, many of which are housed in beautiful Victorian-style buildings.
3. Take a Boat Tour: Experience Kemah’s natural beauty from the water with a boat tour. Relax as you make your way around Galveston Bay, spotting wildlife and taking in the views of the Kemah Lighthouse.
4. Climb the Kemah Lighthouse: Get a bird’s eye view of Kemah from atop this historic beacon. The 90-foot-tall landmark is open for public tours, so be sure to check ahead for opening hours.
5. Spend a Day at the Beach: Pack your beach bag and head to Clear Lake Park for a day of swimming, sunbathing, and fun in the sun. The park also offers playgrounds, picnic areas, and plenty of trails for hiking or biking.
6. Go Fishing: There’s something special about catching your own fish! Whether you’re an avid angler or a beginner, there are plenty of spots around Kemah to drop your line. The Gulf Coast offers some of the best fishing in the state.
7. Catch a Show at the Grand 1894 Opera House: Enjoy live music and theater performances at this historic spot in Galveston. The opera house was built in 1894 and hosts a variety of events throughout the year, from plays to concerts.
8. Sample Local Seafood: As you would expect from a coastal community, Kemah is home to some delicious seafood restaurants. Try some fresh-off-the-boat shrimp or oysters while taking in views of the marina.
9. Take a Stroll Along the Pier: Take in views of Kemah and Galveston Bay from the pier at Clear Lake Park. This is also a great spot for bird watching, as migratory birds can often be spotted here.
10. Explore the Armand Bayou Nature Center: Get back to nature at this 2,500-acre outdoor preserve. The center has trails for hiking and biking, as well as kayak tours of the wetlands. You may even spot some alligators!
From amusement parks to wildlife preserves, Kemah offers a wealth of activities for visitors of all ages. Plan your next trip to this vibrant coastal town and experience all it has to offer!
Thanks for reading. Enjoy your stay in Kemah, Texas!
Remember Kemah Sprinkler Repair…
Some other Texas cities you’ll find Mr. Sprinkler Repair Working On…
Eagle Mountain | Carrollton | Bacliff | Galveston | Dallas | Fort Worth | Kyle | Irving | The Woodlands | Wimberley