If you’re looking for a charming small town to call home, look no further than Alvin, Texas. This little town is located just south of Houston and has a population of around 19,000 people. There’s plenty to do in Alvin, from spending time outdoors at the park or taking a stroll down the historic Main Street district, to catching a show at the local theater or grabbing a bite to eat at one of the delicious restaurants. Here are 10 things you didn’t know about this wonderful town!
1. Alvin is home to one of the oldest post offices in the state of Texas, having operated since 1854.
2. The town was originally named after an old railroad employee, Alvah Adams.
3. Alvin is also known as the “Garden Gateway to the South” due to its agricultural production and fields of wildflowers.
4. The local community college, Alvin Community College, is home to the world’s largest solar panel array and wind turbine, both of which provide energy to the campus and nearby businesses.
5. The local theater, the Alvin Theatre, was built in 1920 and has been operating ever since as a place for locals to enjoy shows, plays and musicals.
6. Alvin is one of the most popular destinations for birdwatchers in the state, as it is home to over 350 species of birds.
7. The town was also featured in the 2000 movie “The Perfect Storm”.
8. Alvin is home to a variety of unique shops, ranging from antiques stores to specialty food stores and more.
9. Each year, the town hosts a variety of community events such as the Alvin Music Festival, the Biggest Little Air Show in Texas and many others.
10. Finally, Alvin is known for its friendly people who are always willing to lend a helping hand and show visitors a good time.
No matter what brings you to Alvin, this small town is sure to make you feel welcome and have something for everyone. With its fascinating history, friendly people and abundance of activities, Alvin is the perfect place to call home. So don’t miss out on all that Alvin has to offer!
Remember Alvin Sprinkler Repair…
Some other Texas cities you’ll find Mr. Sprinkler Repair Working On…
Eagle Mountain | Carrollton | Bacliff | Galveston | Dallas | Fort Worth | Kyle | Irving | The Woodlands | Wimberley